Melissa in the Morning is hosted by Melissa Sheketoff who gathers top news headlines locally and nationally to keep WICC listeners in the know, delivering the information that matters most to you.
Every week, enjoy live interviews from state leaders, business owners and local experts. Melissa has recently connected with Governor Ned Lamont, who has agreed to take YOUR questions bi-weekly on the show. Consistently, Melissa also talks to U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal, U.S. Congressman Jim Himes, Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim and State Senator Tony Hwang. Local experts include infectious disease expert, Dr. Fred Browne of Griffin Health, Luke Frey from the Better Business Bureau, The Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities and Bridgeport Health Director Lisa Morrissey.
Enjoy original weekly segments like “Community Inspiration,” “Marriage Advice” and “Crime on the Mind.” Community Inspiration highlights Connecticut residents who live normal lives doing extraordinary things. Every week, you can meet people of all ages who are inspiring their community and loved ones through their work, outlook on life, actions and good deeds. Marriage advice is a bi-weekly check-in with relationship consultant, Bob Donovan, who gives tips to a healthy marriage and perspective for couples to think about. Crime on the Mind features Lt. James Perez from the Fairfield Police Department, who travels around the country teaching crime prevention to other police departments. He gives us the top crimes happening right now and tips for the public to stay safe and be proactive.
You’ll hear weather and traffic on the 6’s from our chief meteorologist Bill Jacquemin and our traffic reporter Kellie Quinn.
1. Governor Lamont does his bi-weekly check-in on covid cases in CT since going up to a 6% infection rate. ((00:11)) 2. Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim previews what’s to come for red alert for the city. ((14:00)) 3. Stamford Mayor David Martin urges people to stop being “wise guys” ((22:16)) 4. Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling…Continue Reading
1. Senator Blumenthal claims this election has more Russian interference compared to 2016…true or overblown?? ((00:11)) 2. The difference between empathy and sympathy and WHY we need empathy NOW! ((06:08)) 3. Dr. Fred Browne looks at uptick in covid cases and why some young patients are dealing with lingering symptoms. ((13:34)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock /…Continue Reading
1. Ski Sundown previews what the upcoming season will look like during the pandemic. ((00:11)) 2. New state grants can help local businesses according to Bridgeport Regional Business Council. ((05:55)) 3. Commissioner for the Dept. of Housing talks about compensating landlords during the pandemic. ((12:43)) 4. Lt. Governor talks about the importance of narcan knowledge.…Continue Reading
1. Director of OPED clarifies where the CARES Act million dollars is going for Bridgeport. ((00:11)) 2. Fairfield First Selectwoman explains why covid numbers are high in town and what’s being done to curb cases. ((06:50)) 3. How do manage anxiety that stems from post election wins and losses. ((20:10)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty Images…Continue Reading
1. Marriage consultant, Bob Donovan, explains how to like your spouse rather than just “love” them ((00:11)) 2. What are ten tips to keep our family members safe if they need care or a facility. ((08:44)) 3. Should absentee balloting stick around even after the pandemic is over? ((17:38)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty Images…Continue Reading
1. Shelton superintendent gives us a report card on schools, cases, bus drivers and absenteeism. ((00:11)) 2. Strategy Leaders talks about small businesses and how entrepreneurs can survive the pandemic. ((09:02)) 3. NCC professor talks about spotting propaganda and why you need to be careful about what you read. ((17:26)) 4. Cooking with Claud: Broccoli…Continue Reading
1. Melissa presses Senator Blumenthal on the million dollars given to Bridgeport but apparently not being used for businesses. ((00:11)) 2. Tim Quin shares a true ghost story during his early reporter years before WICC. ((07:52)) 3. The BBB wants you to be careful donating to charities and not getting duped. ((16:11)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock /…Continue Reading
After news broke overseas about one of the leading companies making a covid vaccine, a lot of people have more doubts than EVER to get the covid vaccine. Dr. Browne says while the process is moving quicker than ever, there’s a great need and explains why you should consider getting it. IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty…Continue Reading
1. Congressman Jim Himes explains how two grants help people getting out of jail and their young children. ((00:11)) 2. How the pandemic has triggered addictions, and not just alcohol or drugs. ((07:21)) 3. NYC YMCA’s are struggling…so what about Connecticut branches? ((13:53)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty Images PlusContinue Reading
1. Paul Greenwood, a former district attorney, dives into the signs of abuse and what you need to know for your loved ones’ care. ((00:11)) To register for the October 20th public forum at 3PM: https://onlinexperiences.com/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:QS!10100&ShowUUID=9F32A3D6-A87D-4C35-98BF-1A297FE2D328 2. The Lt. Governor talks about an initiative to get high schoolers into voting and gives an update on…Continue Reading